Powered By Blogger

Sekio watches and my Bell-matics

My collection of Seiko watches that i collect or have collected and the ones i still desire !!

My main area of interest is the Seiko Bell matic, this blog shows the ones that i have collected, or "restored" for myself and others and watches i have for sale or trade.

I am always on the look out for Bell-matic parts/spares every thing from bracelet parts to complete watches to complete restorations now and in the future, if you have any thing for sale or trade please contact me.

For a great collection of photographs and information on the Seiko Bell-matic visit www.bellmatics.com a great resource.

Monday 11 May 2009

Only two modifications to 4006A

I believe that during the 12 year production run of Bell-matics there was only two modifications made to the movement;
  1. The alarm spring was shortened after about the first year of production.
  2. The dial had a solid spacer fixed to the back and this was changed to a separate plastic spacer later in the production run (about 1975 ?), i think that this was possible due to a design error in the first instance as you come across so many dials with the solid spacer were the feet have broken off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive